Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can pomegranate juice increase fertility?

I read that pomegranate juice can increase fertility, even better than green tea. Has anyone heard or tried this?

Can pomegranate juice increase fertility?
I couldn't ignore this question. The pomegranate is actually used as a contraceptive (prevent pregnancy) not to enhance fertility. This is often confused because they are a symbol of fertility (having to do with growth patterns of the tree, not people).





Quote from pollen.utulsa.edu/Medical%20Botany%20200...





Contemporary studies show pomegranate has contraceptive properties


Female rats 72% reduction in fertility


In another study 50% reduction in fertility


Guinea pigs 100% reduction in fertility


40 days after removing pomegranate fertility was restored in both animals





Now, I realize that on the net you are going to see info from both sides. I personally would just bypass this fruit for your goals. I would like to suggest this book instead (it was at my library).


The infertility diet : get pregnant and prevent miscarriage by Fern Reiss. Amazon carries it as well.
Reply:I never heard of the juice. Where do you get that. I want to increase the feritlity my self. my husband and I realy want another child. Where do you get that.



skin color charts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


pomegranate © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting