Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is there a condition characterized by an aversion to seed-bearing fruits?

This sounds weird to everyone who hears it but I truly have an aversion to certain fruits that have a large amount of seeds in them. If I open a fruit like a honeydew melon, I get lightheaded when I see the seeds inside. There's something about the way they look that is sooooo gross. I've only done that once and was so digusted that I refuse to buy another whole one. I only buy the ones that are already cut up and I only buy seedless watermelon ;however, strawberries pose no threat. I have no problem with eating the fruit, only with cutting them open. I would like to start eating pomegranates for the healthy benefits they provide but I don't think I can deal with cutting them open and seeing all the seeds inside. Even though this may sound crazy, I am dead serious! Only serious replies please.

Is there a condition characterized by an aversion to seed-bearing fruits?
This sounds like a phobia, more than an actual medical condition. Phobias are pretty common, and people have them about different things. They may sound crazy, but they can become debilitating. Since it is something you want to overcome, here are a couple of sites about overcoming these irrational aversions:





http://www.counselling.cam.ac.uk/phob.ht...


http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/phobi...





Now, fear of seeds in your fruit may not become debilitating, unless it meant losing your health because you quit eating fruit all together. Decide how important it is to you, and seek help if you need it.
Reply:sorry to say but I guess it's phobia!



hairstyles hair style

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


pomegranate © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting